MMJ Evaluation FAQs in Colorado Springs
We try to anticipate questions you might have about getting your medical marijuana license and provide the answers here. If you need additional information please call us at (719) 246-0393 so you are most prepared fory our MMJ evaluations in Colorado Springs or Pueblo.
1. How do I get a Medical Marijuana License (also known as “red card,” although the cards are no longer red)?
It’s easy here at Medical Alternatives Clinic. We help you every way possible.
2. We assist you with the state application.
3. One of our doctors performs an MMJ evaluationi.
4. Get your application finished here in our office. If doing mail-in, we will even provide with an addressed envelope for you to take to the Post Office for mailing. You will need to send the envelope via certified mail, return receipt requested. This is your proof that you have mailed your application and notifies you when it is received.
5. Send application and other state required documentation such as a copy of your Colorado Driver License or I.D. along with the fee charged by the State (currently $15.00).
2. What documentation does the state require?
The State requires proof of Colorado residency. All you need is a Colorado state issued I.D. or Driver’s License.
3. What are office hours and locations?
We have 2 clinics, one in Colorado Springs, and one in Pueblo.
Colorado Springs Location
4465 Northpark Drive, Suite 302, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
We see Colorado Springs patients for MMJ Evaluations and Card Renewals from 10:00am until 3:30pm.
2705 N Elizabeth St, CO 81003
We see patients at our Pueblo Location every Wednesday from 10:00 AM-3:30 PM.
4. What is the Doctor Exam Fee?
5. What is the State License Fee?
The State fee is $15.00, payable by money order or personal check if mailing the application through the Post Office. $16.10 if doing the application online via the state website.
6. What do I need if I am a renewal patient?
You must have a current Colorado driver license or state issued I.D. to renew your Medical Marijuana License.
7. What if I live out of state?
Colorado State law requires proof of residency to acquire a Medical Marijuana License. You may still purchase recreational marijuana, but you are prohibited from taking ANY marijuana (medical or recreational) across state borders. Please print and fill out this form before visiting our office if you are an out of state patient.
8. How long is my card valid?
1 year from the date the state issued license is issued.
9. How can I get more information from the state regarding Medical Marijuana licensing?
Please visit the Colorado State website: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/medicalmarijuana
10. How old do I have to be to qualify for a license?
You must be 18 or older and have a qualifying medical condition. The state website, listed above, displays the qualifying conditions.
11. What if I have a child under the age of 18 who needs a Medical Marijuana License?
This situation requires 2 different medical marijuana physician’s evaluation and agreement.
Please see the state website or call us at (719) 246-0393. Medical records are mandatory.
12. Do I need to bring medical records proving my qualification for a license to my appointment?
Bringing medical records (not bills) is encouraged.