Recently, Business Insider did a study on the benefits of medical marijuana use. They determined 23 benefits that medical marijuana can have. However, they issue caution to abusing or overusing it’s properties and benefits, as it can cause memory loss, if used inappropriately. Below are the top 10 benefits of the study.
1. Medical marijuana has been proven to prevent and treat glaucoma, which is a disease in eyeballs that increases pressure, causing severe pain.
2. It can also help with counter the impact of tobacco smoke in the lungs. Medical marijuana can actually improve lung health and counteract effects from tobacco smoke.
3. Medical marijuana has been proven to also control epilepsy. It binds the brain cells responsible for causing epileptic seizures.
4. Not only does it help control epileptic seizures, it can also decrease the symptoms of Dravet’s Syndrome, which is a severe seizure disorder.
5. There is also a chemical in marijuana that can help prevent the spread of cancer cells. That chemical is cannabidiol and it can stop the spread of cancer.
6. Medical marijuana can also decrease anxiety. It relieves pain and suppresses nausea.
7. THC can also slow the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease. THC slows the formation of amyloid plaques, which is the cause of killing brain cells.
8. It can also ease the pain of multiple sclerosis. A study found that medical marijuana eases the pain of this disease, whereas other treatments showed no decrease in pain.
9. It can also help decrease side effects of hepatitis C and can aide in helping treatments be more effective.
10. Medical marijuana can also treat inflammatory bowel diseases, like Crohn’s disease. THC interacts with cells in the body that play a huge role in gut function.
To view the entire list of benefits, visit Business Insider at www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4